Lecturer in Chinese
Office: 510 Kent Hall
Office Hours: M 12:00-1:30
Phone: (646) 898-9175
PHD: Linguistics, City University of Hong Kong (2009)
MPHIL: Linguistics, Beijing Language and Culture University (2002)
BA: English Language and Literature, Nan Kai University (1995)
CHNS UN1101 First Year Chinese I
CHNS UN3003 Third Year Chinese I
Syntax and Semantics
Second Language Acquisition
First Language Acquisition
Huijuan Liu started teaching Chinese in 2009 at Beijing Language and Culture University. Her research interests include the interface of syntax and semantics and language acquisition, especially in the studies of Chinese focus structures. She joined Columbia University as an exchange scholar in 2019 and teaches Chinese to students at level 1 and level 3.
- Acquisition of Chinese Additive Particles. Contemporary Linguistics. 2011.
- Acquisition of “le” in Early Chinese. Journal of Shanxi Normal University. 2015 (42).
- Comments on The Routledge Handbook of Second Language Acquisition. Journal of Research on Second Language Study. 2015.
- The Information Structure of “Lian” Construction in Mandarin Chinese. Journal of Nanchang Hangkong University (Social Sciences).
- The Semantic Interpretation of Scalar Focus Particle “Geng Bie Shuo” in Mandarin Chinese. Journal of Jiangxi Normal University (Philosophy and Social Science). 2017.