- This event has passed.
CTLgrads Journal Club (For Graduate Students)
October 13 @ 1:10 pm - 2:25 pm
At this meeting we will continue our discussion about community in online classroom spaces:
– Coetzee, D., et al. (2015). “Structuring interactions for large-scale synchronous peer learning.” In Proceedings of CSCW 2015, ACM (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, 2015), 1139-1152.
– Barber, W. (2015). “Building community in flipped classrooms: A narrative exploration of digital moments in online learning.” International Conference on E-Learning, 24-30.
– Sign up for our mailing list to learn about the upcoming readings: https://bit.ly/CTLgradsJC-Signup
– Readings will be distributed one week prior to the session.
– Participants are expected to have read the papers in order to contribute to and learn from the journal club’s discussions.
– If you haven’t received the readings, please contact CTLgrads@columbia.edu.
The CTLgrads Journal Club will meet online via Zoom starting on Tuesday 9/15 from 1:10-2:25p. We will meet every other Tuesday until the beginning of December (9/29, 10/13, 10/27, 11/10, 11/24, 12/8).
Sessions are co-facilitated by Chris Chen and Ian Althouse, Center for Teaching and Learning, and attendance is open to current graduate students and postdocs.
– The CTLgrads Bookclub will be held ONLINE. Registered participants will be sent a meeting ID and passcode to join this session via Zoom. Same-day registrations must be handled by emailing CTLgrads@columbia.edu.
Columbia University makes every effort to accommodate individuals with disabilities. Contact ColumbiaCTL@columbia.edu or 212.854.1692 for accommodations.