CTLgrads Journal Club (For Graduate Students)
March 28 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 2:30pm on Tuesday, repeating until 04/18/2023
Are you interested in the research on teaching and learning and how to apply this research to your teaching practice? Join us for our CTLgrads Journal Club where we take a closer look at the research on teaching and learning. This term, we will be looking closely at a series of articles published in Teaching gradually: Practical pedagogy for graduate students, by graduate students. Each week we’ll look at one article and focus on how we can use the education research within it to inform our own teaching practices.
The CTLgrads Journal Club will be a HyFlex event, you may choose to attend either in person OR online via Zoom. Journal Club will start on Tuesday 2/21 from 2:40-3:55pm and will meet every other Tuesday through April (2/21, 3/7, 3/21, 4/4, 4/18).
- Registered participants will be sent a meeting ID and passcode to join this session via Zoom. Same-day registrations must be handled by emailing CTLgrads@columbia.edu.
- Sign up for our mailing list to learn about the upcoming readings: https://bit.ly/CTLgradsJC-Signup
- Readings will be listed here and distributed to our mailing list one week prior to the session.
- Participants are expected to have read the papers in order to contribute to and learn from the journal club’s discussions.
- If you haven’t received the readings, please contact CTLgrads@columbia.edu.
Sessions are facilitated by Ian Althouse, Center for Teaching and Learning, and attendance is open to current graduate students and postdocs.
Columbia University makes every effort to accommodate individuals with disabilities. Contact ColumbiaCTL@columbia.edu or 212.854.1692 for accommodations.
This event may be photographed and CTL staff may take screenshots. For concerns, contact ColumbiaCTL@columbia.edu.
Center for Teaching and Learning