- This event has passed.
Return to the Morningside Classroom with Student Well-Being in Mind
September 21 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Return to the Morningside Classroom with Student Well-Being in Mind: A Forum for Faculty and TAs
Are you on the frontlines of teaching and learning on Morningside campus but unsure how to support the well-being of students in your classroom?
The return to the Morningside classroom following the pivot to remote teaching and learning that resulted from the COVID-19 pandemic is sure to surface a lot of emotions. Additionally, students may be facing a variety of stressors which will affect their learning and their engagement in your courses.
Join colleagues from Columbia Health and Center for Teaching and Learning for a panel discussion about how to support students’ mental health as we begin a new academic year. Learn about the ways to support students through the transition to in-person learning, discover ways to connect them to health and wellness services, and get your questions answered.
Registration is required to receive the Zoom webinar link. We invite you to submit your questions for the panelists when you register. Please register through this link.
This forum will feature the following panelists from Columbia Health and the Center for Teaching and Learning:
- Melanie J. Bernitz, MD, MPH, Senior Vice President, Columbia Health, Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine (in the Center for Family and Community Medicine)
- Weiyen Chung, Psy.D, Clinical Psychologist, Counseling & Psychological Services, Columbia Health
- Richard J. Eichler, Ph.D., Executive Director, Counseling & Psychological Services, Columbia Health
- Anne Goldfield, Ph.D., Associate Director for Outreach & Community Response, Counseling & Psychological Services, Columbia Health
- Aisha Holder, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist, Counseling & Psychological Services, Columbia Health
- Catherine Ross, Ph.D., Executive Director, Center for Teaching and Learning
There will be a Q&A following the discussion – please submit questions for panelists with your registration.