Project Description

KING SEJONG PROFESSOR EMERITUS OF KOREAN STUDIESledyard

He is the author of The Dutch Came to Korea (Royal AsiaticSociety, 1971), The Korean Language Reform of 1446 (Sin’gu Munhwasa, Seoul, 1998), “Cartography in Korea,” a book-length monograph with over sixty illustrations in The History of Cartography, Vol 2, Part 2 (Univ. of Chicago Press, 1994) and many other monographs, articles, and reviews related to Korean and East Asian history. He was Chairman of the Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures from 1980-1983, and was the founder of the Center for Korean Research in 1992. He retired in 2000 but remains active in research and publication.