- This event has passed.
Celebration of Teaching and Learning Symposium
March 23 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
One event on 03/23/2023 at 12:00pm
The Office of the Provost and the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) invite the Columbia community to the Celebration of Teaching and Learning Symposium, occurring on Tuesday, March 21 and Thursday, March 23, to celebrate the ways that faculty and graduate students are transforming their courses and pedagogies. Learn more and register here.
Program details can be found below. Participants may attend any or all portions of the event.
Tuesday, March 21, 2023
Celebrating Teaching Transformations at Columbia: A Faculty Panel
In-Person, Low Library; 3:00–4:00 PM
- Maura Abbott, Assistant Dean of Clinical Affairs; Associate Professor of Nursing
- Thomas Groll, Senior Lecturer in the Discipline of International and Public Affairs
- Devon Rupley, Assistant Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Katja Vogt, Professor of Philosophy
In-Person, Low Library; 4:00–5:30 PM
- Join us after the panel for remarks from Provost Mary Boyce to recognize faculty contributions and to celebrate teaching and learning at Columbia. Refreshments will be served.
Thursday, March 23, 2023
Panel: Faculty Innovations through Provost’s Teaching and Learning Grants
Online; 12:00–1:00 PM
- Jean-Marie Bradford-Alves, Associate Professor of Psychiatry
- Ari Goldman, Professor of Journalism
- Gregory Khalil, Adjunct Assistant Professor of Journalism
- Drew Youngren, Lecturer in the Discipline of Applied Mathematics
Panel: Branching Out—Enhancing the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning through Learning Analytics and Applied Learning Sciences
Online; 1:30–2:30 PM
- Samantha Garbers, Associate Professor, Population and Family Health, Mailman School of Public Health
- Roxanne Russell, Director of Online Education, Mailman School of Public Health
- Tugce Bilgin Sonay, Lecturer in Ecology, Evolution, and Environmental Biology; Columbia Science Fellow
- Joshua Friedman, Ph.D. Candidate, Cognitive Science and Education, Teachers College
Panel: Taking the Lead—Developing Agency as a Graduate Student Instructor
Online; 3:00–4:00 PM
- Tylar Colleluori, Ph.D. Candidate, Italian
- Simone Paci, Ph.D. Candidate, Political Science
- Sara Samuel, Ph.D. Candidate, Sociomedical Sciences