- This event has passed.
Clean and Go Green – December 2022
12/03/2022 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 8:00am, repeating until 12/03/2022
There’s no better time than the present to…clean!
Cleaning your office or living space creates more space and can also help the environment. Columbia University Facilities and Operations and our partners across campus want to help. As part of our award-winning “Clean + Go
Thursday, December 1, 2022 and Friday, December 2, 2022, Rain or Shine!
Drop-off hours are between 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. only. During this time, Facilities and Operations staff will be on hand to help with unloading and recycling.
Reuse/Donation Drop-off Location:
- White tent on Low Plaza
Recycling Drop-off Locations:
- Fairchild Courtyard
- Walkway between Lerner Hall and Butler Library
- The Grove at 119th Street and Amsterdam Avenue
- Manhattanville – The Plaza in front of the Lenfest Center for the Arts
Paper Shredding Locations:
- College Walk near Kent Hall (shredding truck)
- Manhattanville – The Plaza in front of the Lenfest Center for the Arts (secure shredding bins)
Items you can bring to a Clean + Go Green drop-off location include:
Reuse/Donation (Low Plaza only) – Bring your donation items early to increase the chance that they will find a new home!
- Textiles and Linens
- Non-perishable Food
- Books/Used Books
- New or Gently Used Coats, Boots and Shoes
- Hats and Gloves
- Unused Toiletries – toothpaste, toothbrushes, mouthwash, shampoo and deodorant
- Dishwashing Liquid
- Hand Towels
Cathedral Community Cares (CCC), a Columbia Community Service grantee, will benefit from your donations and has expressed a great need for the following items: new or gently used coats, boots, shoes, hats, and gloves, as well as unused toiletries, dishwashing liquid, and hand towels.
- Furniture (not available at Manhattanville/The Plaza location)
- Computer monitors, keyboards and CPUs (please clean your hard drive)
- Electronic equipment
- Bulbs, including compact fluorescents
- Toner cartridges
- Paint cans
*Items you CANNOT bring to a Clean + Go Green drop-off location:
- Laboratory equipment
- Laboratory refrigerators
- Laboratory furniture that has potentially come into contact with chemical, biological or radioactive material
- Metal bricks or any material previously used as shielding
- Compressed gas cylinders
- Used oil
- Mercury containing devices (e.g., thermometers, switches, thermostats)
- Smoke detectors
Please visit our website for more information on items you can bring to drop-off locations.
Facilities Services Center