CTLgrads Journal Club (for Graduate Students)
December 1 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Are you interested in the research on teaching and learning and how to apply this research to your teaching practice? Join us for our CTLgrads Journal Club where we will introduce you to the research on teaching in various disciplines (also known as Discipline-Based Education Research, or DBER) and engage peer-reviewed articles through our group discussions and contributions to the journal club. Each session will also focus on how we can use education research–in our field and beyond–to inform our own teaching practices.
– Sign up for our mailing list to learn about the upcoming readings: https://bit.ly/CTLgradsJC-Signup
– Readings will be distributed one week prior to the session.
– Participants are expected to have read the papers in order to contribute to and learn from the journal club’s discussions.
– If you haven’t received the readings, please contact CTLgrads@columbia.edu.
The CTLgrads Journal Club will meet online via Zoom starting on Wednesday 10/6 from 2:40-3:55p. We will meet every other Wednesday until the beginning of December (10/20, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1).
Sessions are co-facilitated by Chris Chen and Ian Althouse, Center for Teaching and Learning, and attendance is open to current graduate students and postdocs.
– The CTLgrads Bookclub will be held HyFlex, both in-person and online. Registered participants will be sent a meeting ID and passcode to join this session via Zoom. Same-day registrations must be handled by emailing CTLgrads@columbia.edu.
Columbia University makes every effort to accommodate individuals with disabilities. Contact ColumbiaCTL@columbia.edu or 212.854.1692 for accommodations.
This event may be photographed and CTL staff may take screenshots. For concerns, contact ColumbiaCTL@columbia.edu.