- This event has passed.
Japan’s New Economic Security Policy
11/21/2022 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Japan’s New Economic Security Policy: Impact on Businesses, Supply Chains, and Investment
Monday, November 21, 2022 | 12:30 – 1:30 PM (Lunch will be provided)
Room 540, Geffen Hall, Columbia Business School
Featuring: Tomoshige Nambu, Special Advisor, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Government of Japan
Moderator: Alicia Ogawa, Project Director for Japanese Corporate Governance and Stewardship, Center on Japanese Economy and Business, Columbia Business School
Cosponsors: Center on Japanese Economy and Business, Columbia Business School; APEC Study Center, Columbia University
Note: This in-person-only event is off the record, will not be live streamed, and the recording will not be posted on our website at a later date. We regret that we are unable to accommodate media representatives at this event.
What you’ll learn:
- The pandemic has caused supply chain disruptions, contributing to global inflation. How can we strengthen the resilience and diversification of critical supply chains in strategic sectors, including semiconductors, batteries, and critical materials?
- The pandemic altered social and economic life through the accelerated adoption of new technologies, which present potential for positive transformation as well as risks if abused. How can we safely realize the full potential of new technologies?
- The Diet of Japan passed the Economic Security Promotion Act this year to address these new challenges. Japan and the U.S. also recently held the first Economic 2+2 ministerial meeting to explore bilateral cooperation on economic security policy. How can economic security policies co-exist with the free and open rules-based international order? How should investors and corporations adapt to new economic security policies?
● This in-person-only event is off the record, will not be live streamed, and the recording will not be posted on our website at a later date. We regret that we are unable to accommodate media representatives at this event.
● Please be advised that this event may be photographed, so your image may appear on our website or in CJEB materials later. If this is an issue, please let us know.
● Please note that due to current University guidelines in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all visitors must have their primary series of COVID-19 vaccination and be prepared to show proof if asked.
For more information about other CJEB events, visit our website or contact email@example.com.