- This event has passed.
Urban China Forum | Pandemic Urbanism
10/10/2020 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
One event on 10/10/2020 at 8:00pm
7TH URBAN CHINA: PANDEMIC URBANISM
The forum will revolve around urbanism in the pandemic, discovering multiple aspects of urbanism, from urban design, public space and public health, management, to data and technology, urban resiliency and smart cities. Recognizing the broadness of the planning field, the forum will be joined by scholars and practitioners with various interests to reflect on the past, review the present, and reimagine a post-COVID future.
As the world enters a new era caused by the unprecedented and profound impact of COVID-19 that has challenged ways of inhabitation in almost all dimensions, we see a rising awareness given by planners to reflect on the aspects and even principles of planning, and our ways to engage with the built environment.
China has drawn the world’s attention since the very beginning of this global public health crisis. Chinese cities have been in the center of the discussion, providing public management cases to learn about and contributing to pioneering research that we could explore on. Various topics are of public interest and deserve discussion and exploration, from large-scale national practice led by the government to small steps taken by the society, present and in the future. Hence, the theme of the 7th Urban China Forum is “Pandemic Urbanism: China’s Response to COVID-19 and a Post-COVID Future”.
As young professionals, we are eager to learn about China’s response to the crisis and its relevant studies. We hope to facilitate a multidisciplinary discourse for the forum, explore the responsibilities of planners, and enhance the understanding of Chinese urbanism in this challenging time.
– Daizong Liu, Director of Sustainable Cities program, WRI China
– Ying Long, Research Professor, School of Architecture and Hang Lung Center for Real Estate, Tsinghua University
– Rui Qian, Senior Urban Designer, AECOM Greater China
– Lan Wang, Professor, Tongji University
– Zhiqiang Wu, Academician, Chinese Academy of Engineering, Professor, Tongji University
– Yamin Xu, China lead of IoT and Urban Transformation platform, World Economic Forum China
– Qingming Zhan, Professor, School of Urban Design, Wuhan University
Organized by Urban China Network.