EALAC Language Testing Fee Policies
- Students can take the Placement Test for FREE on the designated date(s) arranged by each language program.
- A $50 fee will be charged if a student takes the test on any other date.
- A $50 fee will be charged for a hard copy certificate issued by the department.
- If a student needs a proficiency evaluation, which is different from the Placement Test, a separate evaluation will be arranged and a $100 fee will be charged. This charge does not apply to students who are recipients of FLAS or Fulbright Scholarships or EALAC PhD students.
- For students from Columbia’s professional schools and other universities, there will be an additional $50 charge.
If you should have any questions on these policies, please reach out to the Administrative Assistant, Nicole Roldan.
 Such as Teachers College, Business School, Law School, and other professional schools. SIPA is excluded.