EALAC Language Testing Fee Policies
- Students can take the Placement Test for FREE on the designated date(s) arranged by each language program.
- A $50 fee will be charged if a student takes the test on a date outside of the designated date(s).
- If a student requires a hard copy certificate issued by the department, a $50 fee will be charged. Due to COVID-19 all certificates will be submitted electronically as a PDF.
- If a student needs an individual proficiency evaluation, which is different from the general Placement Test, a separate evaluation will be arranged and a $100 fee will be charged. This charge does not apply to students who are recipients of FLAS or Fulbright Scholarship or EALAC PhD students.
- If you are a non-Columbia student or if you are not enrolled in one of the schools listed below, you will be charged an additional $50 fee. Schools not subject to fee: General Studies, Columbia College, Barnard, School of International and Public Affairs, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and School of the Arts.
If you believe you qualify for the specific language testing as noted above, please email the faculty director/coordinator of your selected program with the details of your request before making a payment.
The faculty contacts for each language program are as follows:
After you have received confirmation from the EALAC department to proceed, you may click here to make your payment.
If you should have any questions on these policies or are not sure if you subject to the additional fees, please reach out to Nicole Roldan.