Preparing to teach a hybrid/HyFlex course?
Join the CTL and faculty participants for this 90-minute synchronous session designed for you! Experience the hybrid/HyFlex modality as a learner would, whether you participate in-person or via Zoom. Connect with colleagues who are planning to teach hybrid courses, share ideas and teaching approaches, discuss anticipated challenges and solutions in breakout rooms, engage in whole group Q&A discussion, and plan for your course context.
Building on the CTL resources: Five Tips for Hybrid/HyFlex Teaching with All Learners in Mind and the Hybrid & Online Teaching Institute (a toolkit to help you plan your seminar, small lecture, or large lecture class); together we will discuss how we build community in hybrid/HyFlex courses, engage students, make learning materials and experiences accessible to all learners, and leverage hybrid classroom spaces and technologies.
This session will be held in a Columbia classroom on Morningside campus and will be facilitated using hybrid (HyFlex) methods. Participants can choose between:
- Attending via Zoom. Please complete this University Events registration.
- Attending in-person. Please complete this University Events registration and the in-person reservation form: https://forms.gle/Cmcze1nGLmmSiGqs6. We have a limited number of in-person seats available for this session, and they are reserved on a “first come, first served” basis.
Note: All participants–whether attending via Zoom or in-person–must complete this University Events registration. A Zoom link will be shared with all registrants 24 hours before the session. Participants attending in-person are encouraged to bring a laptop computer and headset to interact with colleagues joining via Zoom.
Objectives: After participating in this session, participants should be able to:
- Select strategies that are appropriate for their course context
- Use the insights shared by colleagues to refine their approach
- Reflect and plan for their hybrid teaching approach with their learners in mind
Unable to join us for this workshop? Explore the CTL’s portfolio of Hybrid/HyFlex and Online resources, including Five Tips for Hybrid/HyFlex Teaching with All Learners in Mind and Hybrid/HyFlex Teaching and Learning; receive customized assistance through office hours, or by scheduling a consultation.